What is your personal information?
What personal information of yours do we collect and/or hold?
Some of the information we collect will be “personal information” meaning your name, company name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, birth date, occupation, subscription details (i.e., particular types of markets or property types on which you request information), credit card information (where you have chosen to pay an account by credit card) and any other information that personally identifies you or would allow us to make contact with you.
We may request information from you in order to make a payment using our site. You will need to provide contact information, such as your property Identification Number, e-mail address, and financial information, such as a credit/debit card number and the expiration date. Contact information is used to advise you about the processing of a payment. Financial information is only used for processing the particular payment.
We use the National Australia Bank to process the users credit/debit card charges for services. This information is securely transmitted directly to NAB using Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) standard transmission encryption to protect transmission of your financial information. We do not retain, share, store or use this financial information and we require that all such information you provide to us in this manner is stored securely by you.
How do we collect your personal information?
Information voluntarily provided by you
When you visit or transact business on our website, you may be presented with the opportunity to provide us with “personal information”. You can see how we may use such information in our Data collection and usage policy.
We may also offer you the opportunity to sign up for our newsletters. If you elected to opt–in to any of our email lists and later decide that you no longer wish to receive particular newsletters or brochures from us, you may remove yourself from the relevant list by following the unsubscribe instructions that are contained in each email we send to you.
By providing any personal information to us, you consent to us collecting and processing of such information on our computers in Australia.
During the registration process, you will need to provide us with an email and password, your name, address and phone number. It is your responsibility to keep your password strictly confidential.
We also collect your personal information:
- through your access and use of our website
- by telephone, letter, or email
- during conversations between you and our representatives
- by contracting with us
- completing surveys, providing feedback or placing complaints
We may collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities
- your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers)
- your employer
- publicly available sources of information or any other organisation’s where you have given your consent
- data about your browsing activity on our network;
- data from other sources across our network including memberships, surveys and competitions;
- generic, anonymous internet usage data from third parties; and
- third party website usage on those websites where we have an arrangement to place advertisements. This usage is connected to you via non-personal information.
Will my level of service be impacted if RBH Real Estate cannot collect your personal information?
If we cannot collect essential personal information, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control, survey and research purposes of RBH Real Estate, its related contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
People we may disclose your personal information with:
- our employees, contractors, real estate agents and employees or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, utilities providers, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organization for any authorized purpose with your express consent.
We may also share your personal information with companies acting as our authorized agents in providing our services (e.g., customer/support services) to you, all of which agree to use your information only for such specified purposes. Each vendor must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of your information in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Legally Compelled Disclosure:
We will also disclose your personal information when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena or other legal obligation, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement agency’s requirements, or in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (whether intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property.
Please be aware that courts of equity, such as U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit your personal information to be shared or transferred to third parties without your permission
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endevour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us, and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
How do you access your personal information and correct it?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will enable you to access it. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you reasons for any refusal.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us by the postal address below, and provide details of the incident so we can investigate it. We will deal with the complaint in accordance with our then current Complaints Handling Procedure.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above (if and when applicable). We take steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach privacy obligations. We also may disclose your personal information to entities within Australia who may store or process your data overseas. In the event that a disclosure is made in an overseas country , the information will not be protected by the Australian Privacy Principles. By providing your personal information, you consent to your information being disclosed in this manner.
What is a Cookie: A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your personal computer, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation and usage of that website. Cookies facilitate browsing and enable it to be more user-friendly. It contains the name of the server it came from, the expiry of the cookie, and a value (usually a randomly generated unique number). Cookies do not allow third party access to your computer, nor damage it in any way.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is potentially insecure, we cannot provide a guarantee regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted during transmission. Accordingly, any personal information transmitted to us online is done so at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no promises or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
Requesting Access to Your Personal Information and Other Rights:
You may also request to review, access, correct, delete, port or object to our processing your personal information processed by us by submitting your request to the postal address below.
RBH Real Estate
LEVEL 17, 2 THE ESPLANADE, PERTH WA 6000
The material published on this website is intended for general information regarding current Real Estate and Mines we have for sale or lease only. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and as accurate as possible, RBH Real Estate makes no representation or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website and the information contained in this website. Original source documents must be sighted and verified, prior to using any information listed here as fact and/or to facilitate the sale or lease of this Real Estate and/or Mines. Any reliance on the information listed in this website lies with the user.